Getting private health insurance can be good for you and your community. When you compare and buy health insurance with us you’ll get a health insurance policy to meet your health needs. We also give 100% of our profits to our charity partners.
Why should I get health insurance as a single person?
People with private health insurance like knowing they can:
- avoid long hospital waiting lists
- choose their own private doctor or surgeon
- access private hospital rooms
- claim rebates for non-Medicare items like dental, optical, physiotherapy and chiropractic.
What are the financial incentives to get health insurance?
There are a number of incentives you may be eligible for. They include:
- Policy discounts for people under 30 years of age
- Government rebates based on your taxable income
- Avoiding the Medicare Levy Surcharge when you have private hospital cover
- Avoiding the Lifetime Health Cover Loading by taking out private hospital cover before you turn 31 years old.
What should I consider when getting private health insurance?
Here are the top 3 things to consider when speaking with one of our health insurance advisors:
- Stage of life – are you getting married, divorced, having children, retiring?
- Family health – are there any pre-existing or family health conditions you want to be covered for like heart and vascular or cataracts?
- Budget – how much can you afford to pay and do you need just hospital cover?
Can I still maintain a sepArate policy to my partner?
Yes. Ask our health insurance advisors if this may be a cheaper alternative to combining your policy with your partners.